วันอาทิตย์ที่ 29 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Canon T2i/550D 7D Disable AGC Automatic Gain Control Hack for the Rode Videomic

Watch part 2 here: www.learningdslrvideo.com s you can see by the video below I finally figured out how to disable or bypass the AGC (Automatic Gain Control) on my Canon T2i 550D while using the Rode VideoMic. (This will work for the Canon 7D as well). I ran across a good video by Mike B at IamTheMikeB.com, he explain how to disable the AGC which I had to give a try. But I couldn't get his hack to work for my Rode Videomic and judging the comments on his video no one else could either. I made 3 trips to Radio Shack but none of these adapters worked. Don't buy the ones I got if you have a Rode VideoMic. I didn't want to get a JuicedLink or a Zoom H4N or anything else that would add time and steps to my DSLR video workflow, I like to keep it cheap and simple. perhaps someday Canon will be nice and provide a firmware update for the AGC, but I didn't want to wait any longer. The problem is Canon designed a poor automatic gain control AGC which would have been better if they left it out of the design all together. What happens is if you talk really loud into the microphone the AGC will bring your level down which eliminates the hiss, but only 1 second later after you stop talking it brings the level all the way up again (along with the hiss). What we want to do is clamp the AGC down and keep it there to keep the hiss away so we can have nice clean audio. To do this I use an old cheap mp3 player I had collecting dust to playback a 1 hour 19kHz sine wave tone by sending the tone ...

Visit : WIN6996 Website For Your lifestyle

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น